06 March 2013

Seattle High School Teacher's Race and Social Justice Curriculum Suspended After Parent Complaint | Slog


posted by  on SAT, MAR 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

It’s not every day that we get news tips from concerned high-school studentsfighting a curriculum change. But I got a call yesterday from Zak Meyer, a senior at The Center School (the public high school in the Armory at the Seattle Center), wanting to know if I’d heard the rumors about the suspension of his school’s race and social justice curriculum.
Full disclosure: I’m a graduate of the school, and I’d taken the class Meyer was talking about. Rumors were, indeed, racing across social networks and among alumni that something weird was going on. I asked him to fill me in.

Click below for the full story.
Seattle High School Teacher's Race and Social Justice Curriculum Suspended After Parent Complaint | Slog

No comments:

Search This Blog